The Committee seeks to accomplish the following:
• Connect government entities, agencies, community organizations and business representatives, with the purpose of fostering continued communication about transportation topics.
• Influence transportation issues as we identify and advocate for measures to implement appropriate transportation strategies that improve the north Houston region.
• Educate North Houston Association (NHA) members about transportation issues and regulations important to businesses and communities in the north Houston region, seeking out all sides of transportation matters to better position the Association for informed and balanced recommendations.
Advocate for Project Funding
• Advocate to federal, state and local elected officials for funding to maintain current
transportation infrastructure and accommodate future growth, beginning with NHA’s top projects as
identified in the Association’s Strategic Mobility Plan (SMP).
• Evaluate various agency bond elections and make recommendations to the NHA Board of Directors
to support or oppose as appropriate.
• Advocate for freight corridors and projects that relieve identified bottlenecks.
Legislative and Regulatory Issues
• Monitor transportation issues and funding and provide public comments and/or support as
• Identify and monitor transportation issues that are expected to be of interest in the 2021 Texas Legislative Session.
Additional Mobility Opportunities
• Continue involvement in transportation project stakeholder groups including, but not limited
to, NHHIP, I-45 N PEL, FM 1960 Traffic Management Study and the FM 1488 Study.
• Monitor, and comment where appropriate, key projects of METRO, Gulf Coast Rail District, High
Speed Rail, the South County Mobility Plan and other related mobility and thoroughfare plans.
• Monitor, and comment when appropriate, on regional freight rail studies.
• Support the continued expansion of airline service to new markets, and the continued
development of world-class terminals and cargo facilities.
• Support dredging of the Port of Houston’s channel to restore the depth pre-Harvey and further
deepening to accommodate larger vessels.