- Connect government entities, agencies, community organizations and business representatives, with the purpose of fostering continued communication with regard to transportation issues.
- Influence transportation issues as we identify and advocate for measures to implement appropriate transportation strategies that improve the north Houston region.
- Educate North Houston Association (NHA) members about transportation issues and regulations important to businesses and communities in the north Houston region.
- Inform committee members about all sides of transportation issues to better position them for informed and balanced recommendations and decision-making.
Advocate for Project Funding
- Advocate to federal, state and local elected officials for funding to maintain current transportation infrastructure and accommodate future growth, beginning with NHA’s top projects as identified in the 2018 Strategic Mobility Plan (SMP).
- Evaluate various agency bond elections and make recommendation to the NHA Board of Directors to support or oppose as appropriate.
- Advocate for freight corridors and projects that relieve identified bottlenecks
Legislative and Regulatory Issues
- Monitor transportation issues and provide public comments and/or support as needed.
- Identify and monitor transportation issues that are expected to be of interest in the 2019 Texas Legislative Session.
Strategic Mobility Plan (SMP)
- Present the SMP at a reception in January 2018.
- Distribute the SMP to all legislators, funding agencies, chambers of commerce and other appropriate groups.
- Monitor and provide updates to the SMP projects at committee meetings.
- Update the SMP electronic map quarterly as progress occurs.
SH 99 (Grand Parkway)
- Monitor the remaining segments of SH 99 (H & I1) in NHA’s service area.
- Advocate for additional Grand Parkway Direct Connectors not currently included in plans.
Additional Mobility Opportunities
- Monitor, and support where appropriate, key projects of METRO, Gulf Coast Rail District, Texas Central, and related entities.
- Monitor, and comment when appropriate, on regional freight rail studies.
- Support the continued expansion of airline service to new markets, and the continued development of world-class terminals and cargo facilities.
- Support dredging of the Port of Houston’s channel to restore the depth pre-Harvey and further deepening to accommodate larger vessels.