- Connect government entities, agencies, community organizations and business representatives, with the purpose of fostering continued communication with regard to environmental topics.
- Influence environmental topics as we identify and advocate for measures to implement appropriate environmental strategies that improve the north Houston region.
- Educate North Houston Association (NHA) members about environmental opportunities and regulations important to businesses and communities in the north Houston region.
- Inform committee members about all sides of environmental matters to better position them for informed and balanced recommendations and decision-making.
Advocate for Environmental Opportunities
- Connect relevant agencies and members through committee meetings for the purpose of discussing key environmental topics.
- Influence agencies, legislators and other entities by authoring resolutions/letters, participating in meetings, and providing public comment on proposed environmental initiatives, regulations and legislation as appropriate.
- Educate and inform NHA members on environmental solutions and options by hosting timely special events.
- Educate NHA members’ understanding of and advocate for Low Impact Development (LID), green building, and sustainable building/development.
- Inform NHA members about the Quality Planned Development (QPD) designation, and encourage them to apply for this program.
- Connect with Houston-Galveston Area Council to inform members on the Region’s Transportation Conformity Status and the State Implementation Plan (SIP).
Water & Flood Control
- Educate and inform members on relevant water opportunities including conservation, water reuse, and recycling.
- Connect with Harris and Montgomery County entities to update members on the progress of conversion from groundwater to surface water in both counties.
- Influence improvement of infrastructure and creation of solutions regarding future flooding/drainage in the north Houston region.
- Connect committee members with organizations such as the Greens Bayou Coalition, the Cypress Creek Flood Control Coalition, the Bayou Land Conservancy, and the Houston Parks Board via committee meetings and reports.
- Influence the continued development of greenways in north Harris and Montgomery counties.
Parks and Recreation
- Influence for continued funding for park and landscape development.
- Advocate for a county-wide efforts to develop our bayou system as a recreational amenity, primarily with trails.