NORTH HOUSTON ASSOCIATION
Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Class: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director & Membership Engagement Manager
The Administrative Assistant will work with the Executive Director and Membership Engagement Manager to maintain the daily operations of the NHA office. The Administrative Assistant will serve as support staff for NHA committee meetings and events, so the ability to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers and members is key. The successful candidate will maintain a professional demeanor and possess the ability to work independently. Attention to detail and accuracy is of utmost importance, and a spirit of teamwork is essential for all staff members of the Association.
- Assist with preparations for committee meetings (typically three meetings/month), including reserving rooms, handling RSVPs and ordering lunches.
- Assist during committee meetings by helping staff set up on location.
- Maintain office calendar and set appointments when needed.
- Assist with preparations for events (typically seven events/year), including managing RSVPs, creating name tags, and taking payments/sending invoices.
- Assist during events with sign in and set up.
- Maintain a supply of updated membership packets.
- Help with general office duties, including mail distribution, office supplies and files.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including copy machine and postage machine.
- Update and maintain membership database.
- Other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel
High School Diploma Required
Some College Preferred
To apply, send your resume to: Marlisa.Briggs@North-Houston.com