- Notify NHA members of environmental issues and regulations important to north Houston, Montgomery County and surrounding areas
- Identify and back measures to implement appropriate strategies that improve north Houston, Montgomery County and the surrounding areas
- Foster communication among government entities, resource agencies, and community and business interests
- Ensure that the committee and its constituents receive different perspectives of an issue to provide balanced recommendations and decision-making
- Participate in and support the Greens Bayou Coalition, the Cypress Creek Flood Control Coalition, and other organizations identified by the committee
- Environmental Issues
- Conduct special events; provide resolutions and letters; and participate in meetings with agencies, legislators or other entities, as appropriate.
- Identify, monitor and comment (as necessary) on proposed local, state or federal agencies’ environmental initiatives, regulations and legislation.
- Land development
- Enhance NHA’s membership’s understanding of, and advocate for, Low Impact Development, green building and sustainable building/development in collaboration with the Development Trends Committee.
- Air quality
- Coordinate with the Houston-Galveston Area Council to provide updates on the State Implementation Plan (SIP).
- Monitor and report on proposed water projects resulting from the State Water Implementation Fund.
- Observe efforts by local/regional agencies to ensure a long-term, adequate, high-quality and economical water supply for the north Houston area.
- Examine flood and drainage improvements and regulations by Harris County, Harris County Flood Control District, and other local agencies, cities, improvement districts and coalitions.